Parts to permanently repair the affected vehicles are not currently available. Honda will notify owners with an interim letter during April 2014. A second notice will be mailed to owners when the remedy becomes available, currently expected to be during the summer of 2014. Any vehicles that are currently leaking from the fuel pump cover will get a replacement, original cover. All vehicles, including those receiving the interim repair, will get an improved cover when they are available. Owners may contact Honda at 1-800-999-1009. The recall numbers associated with this campaign are JD9 (inspection and/or preliminary part replacement) and JE0 (final parts replacement).
2005-2010 Odyssey: Fuel Strainer RecallWritten by The Auto Defect List Staff
American Honda Motor Co., Inc. (Honda) is recalling certain 2005-2010 Honda Odyssey vehicles manufactured June 23, 2004, through September 4, 2010. In the affected vehicles, the fuel pump strainer cover may deteriorate allowing fuel to leak out. A fuel leak increases the risk of a fire.
Latest from The Auto Defect List Staff
- GM recalls 70k Chevy Malibus, Pontiac G6s sudden loss of electric power steering
- Mazda recalls Mazda6 and RX-8 models over airbag inflators
- Hyundai recalls 58,000 Elantra Touring models for side airbag
- Chrysler recalls Jeep Grand Cherokee and Commander SUVs over Ignition Switch Recall
- Kia Motors recalls 2014 KIA Souls over steering gear