Report Receipt Date: JUN 17, 2014
NHTSA Campaign Number: 14V332000
Potential Number of Units Affected: 51,641
Manufacturer: Kia Motors Corporation
Kia Motors Corporation (Kia) is recalling certain model year 2014 Kia Soul vehicles manufactured July 21, 2013, through January 17, 2014. In the affected vehicles, the plug that secures the pinion gear to the steering gear assembly may loosen due to an improper application of thread-locking adhesive during the assembly process.
As a result, the pinion gear can separate from the steering gear assembly, causing a loss of steering, thereby increasing the risk of a crash.
Kia will notify owners, and dealers will replace the pinion plug with a new pinion plug which has properly applied thread-locking adhesive, free of charge. The recall is expected to begin in July 2014. Owners may contact Kia customer service at 1-800-333-4542. Kia's number for this recall is SC108.
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.
Friday, 18 July 2014 00:00
Kia Motors recalls 2014 KIA Souls over steering gearWritten by The Auto Defect List Staff
Latest from The Auto Defect List Staff
- GM recalls 70k Chevy Malibus, Pontiac G6s sudden loss of electric power steering
- Mazda recalls Mazda6 and RX-8 models over airbag inflators
- Hyundai recalls 58,000 Elantra Touring models for side airbag
- Chrysler recalls Jeep Grand Cherokee and Commander SUVs over Ignition Switch Recall
- Lotus recalls 2008-2011 Elise, Exige and 2011 Evora over fire fear
Login to post comments